Welcome to Professional Takeoff Services
Quantity surveyors/estimators prepare cost estimates and plans, audit projects, manage construction costs and administer construction contracts for all levels and types of construction. These professionals prepare a 'Bill of Quantities', which lists the individual components required to construct the project, also known as takeoff services. They also check on changes of design to assess the effects on cost. Some contractor firms have on-staff estimators, while we at Professional TakeOff Services, provide professional estimators to act as virtual consultants for your quantity takeoff needs.
The Process Summarized
- You register for a new account by clicking the register link.
- From your control panel, you request service by filling out an online request including a brief description of work needed. A minimal start-up fee is then charged.
- You are sent a link to a pre-prepared work order sheet that includes description, scope, and several other parameters which help us provide the best product to fit your business methodologies.
- After you submit your work order sheet, you are supplied a link or ftp information (depending on size of plans) to upload the plans to.
- The takeoff is performed and you are notified when your takeoff worksheet is complete and ready to review from your control panel.
- Once you have reviewed your takeoff any questions are addressed and noted.
- Once satisfied, the timesheet is closed and you are invoiced electronically for the remainder of the total service amount.
It's free to register. Please register now to begin by clicking here!
Why outsource your estimation needs?
There are practical considerations to be made when choosing to outsource takeoff estimations. When business is good, you may be able to have an in-house estimator. Other times it is wise to not take on another employee. Alternately, it is often very wise to acquire a second estimate for comparison.
Other reasons include:
- Contractors with overloaded estimating departments.
- Contractors without on-staff estimators.
- Architects / Designers can use our service to come up with budgets for their clients.
- Contractors can use our service to double check current estimates.
- General Contractors can use our service to double check the estimates/change orders of their subcontractors.
- Contractors who receive addenda plans on current projects can use our service to compare and quantify what has changed, been deleted or been added.
- Contractors can also use our service for actual plan quantity takeoffs once awarded a job, i.e., a job is bid on a per sq. ft. price, once awarded, our service can be used to do quantity takeoffs for cu. yd. of concrete, lf of form boards, sq. ft. of finishes, etc.